July 30, 2010

Is Lumosity worth your time and money?

I read about Lumosity some time back in the very excellent book "What Color is Your Parachute."  Lumosity is a web based platform of games designed to challenge and improve aspects of your brain functioning.  I didn't actually check out the site while reading "What Color is Your Parachute" but clicked on an online advertisement sometime later.  Perhaps you have seen one and are curious.  I decided I would provide my basic information (no credit cards) in exchange for a 7 day trial access. There are over 30 games and various training programs that run through the games in specific sequences.    I first completed the Basic training program.  It is 40 modules and was a bit of a slog to get through in the 7 day period but I wanted to give it a fair assessment before I considered spending for the website.  It is sold as a subscription model -- ie monthly or annually.  I didn't buy right away and I was rewarded for my patience as Lumosity sent me an email shortly after my trial period with a discounted rate.  In fact the first email offer was for a 20% discount and I didn't respond to this.  I next got an email for a 30% discount or 6 months free with an annual subscription.  I was tempted to wait further and see if the deals got better but decided that I was enjoying the site enough that I wanted to resume training unrestricted. 
Try it for yourself:

www.lumosity.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was hoping to read about any quantifiable results from your use of the site and program, not just that you enjoyed it.
Can you please elaborate specifically on your results?

Unknown said...

I was hoping to read about your results, and feedback on the use of the program, not the financials of getting signed up.
Could you provide more feedback on the benefits, or felt and measurable results?