January 06, 2011

Best Social Buying Website for Toronto Residents

Many web savvy Torontonians are by now familiar with the mega-deal websites Groupon, Living Social and the like. The concept has been such a hit and has been practiced and modified by competitors from small local upstarts to large multi-national efforts.  Fortunately you can subscribe to a daily email that summarizes all the deals available.  As always, be sure that you know what you are buying.  I always visit the website of the deal offeror, usually search for third party reviews and often call or email if I need clarification before making a purchase.  I have made quite a few purchases across several of the deal websites and while I can say the websites that run the deals have all been relatively easy to use, the quality of the deals has been quite variable.  It is really up to you as the buyer to do your homework and sniff out good value.  Without further ado, here is the link for the daily summary of deals for Toronto.

http://www.dailydealzone.com/toronto-daily-deals.aspx

Today as an example there are 17 new daily deals and 18 extended deals.

I would like to post a piece in the future about suggestions for deal site purchasers.  A guide to how to get the most for your money.  If anyone has thoughts on the subject I invite your comments below.

5 comments:

Dennis said...

Great post Josh,

I used to use dailydealzone actually (love the way they format their information) and have found MiserMcGee.Com to be much more comprehensive, take a look here:

http://toronto.misermcgee.com

It's nearly impossible to find them using a search engine but they do an incredible job at aggregating daily deals. Cheers!

Unknown said...

Dennis - Thanks for the tip. I compared the two today and the numbers were neck in neck but I definitely found it easier to sort through MiserMcGee.Com faster.

Sol Orwell said...

Tons of sites with better coverage - www.DealRadar.com, www.OneSpout.com, and www.DealCatch.com

Unknown said...

Thanks Ahmed. I couldn't agree with you more. In fact, since Dennis pointed out MiserMcGee.com less than one month ago the number of daily deals has doubled or tripled. It is not unusually for them to list 80-100 daily deals. Clearly you would need some kind of service to list them all. I would be interested in getting peoples ideas on best tips and practices as a deal purchaser for an upcoming post. I will call it something like how to shop on Groupon. Has anybody had any great experiences or horror stories. I went by Oh Boy Burgers yesterday and saw that it had closed up. I remembered almost doing their recent Groupon deal and glad now that I didn't. I know that Groupon will refund you if the business goes under and you never got to use the deal but I don't know if this is the same case with some of the smaller guys. I am curious how many of the 825 deals that Groupon sold for Oh Boy got used. How many of those people that didn't used know that they went out of business and how do they get their money back? Just some thoughts...

Unknown said...

One of the best articles that I have read to date on social buying was published in The Atlantic last month. To read it, please visit:
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/05/why-does-groupon-work/238706/