May 17, 2011

Think twice before you buy an Orabrush

I was curious about the Orabrush after watching an ad on Youtube.  I searched the web and blogosphere to see what I could find out and finding little I decided I would write out a post on this blog and see what kind of feedback it would elicit.  Ever impatient, I didn`t really wait to get feedback and decided that I would order an Orabrush for me and my girlfriend.  I waited eagerly for it to arrive by mail - I live in Canada and it shipped from the United States.  It didn`t take long to arrive but I was very eager as Youtube kept showing me the Orabrush ad after I clicked on the first one.  When it did arrive I used it regularly,  in addition to brushing with my Oral-B electric toothbrush, flossing, sometimes using my Waterpik and frequently rinsing with Listerine - what can I say, I love my teeth.  I guess the Orabrush is alright, but I don`t feel strong enough about it that it is worth ordering by mail.  I suppose it was worth the price, it is not an expensive product and it indulged my curiosity.  As far as I know it is still only available by mail and I vastly prefer buying products that I can pick up locally.  I have since picked up a tongue scraper and I would recommend this over the Orabrush as I believe it to be longer lasting, similarly priced and equally effective -- I would suggest that its durability makes it a better value.

If you are wondering why I am bothering to write this update, it is because after writing my prior post a year and a half ago, it continues to be my most frequently visited posts.  I have updated the comment section some time back to include my recommendation that people could go out and get a tongue scraper but I wasn`t sure if that was being read -  I don`t know how to track the comments as separate from a blog post in Google Analytics.  I am curious if this current post will ride on the popularity of the prior one (still by no means viral) or if it can in fact surpass the first one... Also I am curious if by including a link to my first post if people will actually go and visit the first post.  Additionally, I got more feedback for that post when it was brand new and I would be keen to receive user feedback on the Orabrush and on other dental care devices, especially from    other people who have tried both the Orabrush and the tongue scraper.

Happy brushing, scraping and flossing.

Links: Orabrush ad on Youtube; My Original Post

No comments: